Plant Health Care & Maintenance
Rave Landscaping offers complete maintenance services that include spring and fall cleanups, mulching, edging, and loose pruning for woody ornamentals based on American National Standards recommendations. We also offer full spectrum Plant Health Care Services which consist of balanced fertilizer applications, insect and disease control, integrated pest management plans, and full diagnostic services.
All of our services are designed in accordance with national standards to encourage optimum plant health and longevity while minimizing environmental and consumer impact. Ideally, these results are achieved through comprehensive landscape care i.e. ensuring proper irrigation, mulching, fertility, and pruning practices as well as minimizing insect and disease factors. Our philosophy is to look at the 'big picture' to solve the problem, rather than the symptoms. We utilize only the best professional products and standards to deliver the meticulous results our family of clients have come to expect.
In most cases we will charge a small consultation fee which will be applied towards your treatment plan once service is agreed upon.
- Fertilization Services - Fertilization services are performed twice annually. Please be aware that not all fertilizers are created equally. We use only products and rates meeting the requirements set forth by the International Society of Arboriculture.
- Bed Weed Control - We utilize pre-emergent herbicides to minimize subsequent germination of a broad spectrum of landscape weeds. We also apply a post emergent herbicide to weeds already germinated where possible.
- Insect & Disease Control - This involves treating all ornamentals on site with combination materials chosen for broad spectrum control. Applications are timed to coincide with peak pest pressure periods, approximately 4 times annually.
- Integrated Pest Management Program - A monthly on site analysis is conducted by a Certified Arborist. Treatment plans are then designed and implemented based on problems observed. Only plants needing intervention are treated, thereby reducing environmental impact and consumer cost.
- Summer Fertilizer - Done once annually. This application consists of micronutrients and biostimulants applied prior to onset of summer stresses.
- Seasonal Animal Repellants - Organic repellants are applied to succulent ornamentals to minimize deer and rabbit damage through growing season.
- Dormant Animal Repellants - Long-lasting repellants are applied through winter to minimize animal damage as natural food sources deplete.
- Deer / Rabbit Fencing - Designed for severe animal pressure sites. We utilize 8ft fencing with metal pole supports. Sites are fenced at mid to late fall and materials are removed in early April.
- Pruning Services - Ornamentals are hand pruned based on natural form for proper structure and long term plant health. All pruning is done according to ISA and ANSI A300 specifications.
- Anti-Desiccants - These polymer materials are applied to the foliage to prevent water loss. They are used primarily on broad-leafed evergreens to minimize winter "burn". Applied once or twice annually.